Insurance and Fees
Evergreen Counseling is an out-of-network provider which means that we do not bill insurance companies directly.
However, your counseling services may be eligible for reimbursement through your insurance plan’s out-of-network mental health benefits, medical spending, or health care savings accounts.
Because health insurance plans and benefits vary, we recommend you give your health insurance customer service number a call and inquire about your out-of-network mental health benefits to understand what percentage you may be reimbursed if you work with us.
Evergreen Counseling will then provide you with a superbill (an itemized medical receipt) at the end of each month which you can submit to your insurance company for out-of-network coverage/reimbursement directly back to you. However, please note that you will be responsible for payment at the time of service.
Evergreen Counseling accepts credit cards, debit cards, and HSA cards. We do not accept checks or cash.
Fees for therapy services vary at Evergreen Counseling depending on which provider you work with.
Please contact us to inquire about Annie Wright, LMFT’s fees.
Beth Hermosillo, LMFT’s fees are:
- $180/session for individuals
- $210/session for couples
Laura Muzaffar, LMFT’s fees are:
- $170/session for individuals
- $200/session for couples
Peter Adams LMFT’s fees are:
- $160/session for individuals
- $190/session for couples
Why don’t we take insurance?
Here at Evergreen Counseling, we choose to work outside of insurance companies for a variety of reasons:
1) We want our clients to be able to determine the length, frequency, and type of therapy they receive. When you use your insurance plan to obtain therapy, the insurance companies can often dictate how long you can be in therapy or even what kind of therapy you can receive.
2) Client privacy and protection. When using insurance to pay for therapy, a mental health diagnosis is required which then goes onto your permanent medical record, possibly creating an impact when applying for life and medical insurance coverage, or possibly limiting future employment opportunities. At Evergreen Counseling, we like to empower our clients to choose whether or not they want to have a diagnosis on their medical record. By being out-of-network and private pay, we can allow our clients the highest degree of privacy, flexibility, and control of their medical records allowed by California state law.
For more information on why we don’t take insurance, and to receive some great tips about how to make out-of-network therapy more affordable, check out this free guide we created, “How to Afford Therapy With An Out of Network Therapist.”
If you're ready to book an appointment with one of our therapists at Evergreen, simply click here to book your initial consultation session and then we'll get you matched up and booked right away.
If you'd like to get in contact with us to ask other questions, call or text us at 510-255-2756 or simply send us a message through this contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!