Right now, as a result of your unresolved attachment trauma background, you may be experiencing…
- Chronic patterns of challenges and dysfunction in relationships.
- Shame and low self-esteem, a sense that you’re worthless.
- Few or no memories, feeling like your childhood is a fog or a big blank.
- Feeling emotionally flooded and overwhelmed easily.
- Poor boundaries and challenges standing up for yourself.
You’re realizing that your unresolved attachment trauma is getting in the way of your life…
- You can’t seem to attract let alone keep healthy, functional, mutually supportive relationships in your life.
- You’re isolating more and more because relationships feel exhausting and draining.
- You’re noticing you’re drinking more wine, taking more edibles, and binging more at night to keep the painful feelings at bay.
- You feel rudderless – like you don’t know where you’re going in life and like you’re treading water.
- You long to create a family of your own but question your ability to do so because of your past.
- Is what I went through in my childhood really attachment trauma? Was it even traumatic at all?
- Shouldn’t I be over this by now?
- Is there any hope for me if 20, 30, or 40 years have passed? Is it too late?
- Can someone as “broken” as I feel actually have a happy and good life?
- Can trauma therapy actually help me?
You’re longing for…
- Loving healthy, supportive relationships, the kind you used to dream about having when you watched Friends.
- That abusive, relentless inner critic voice inside of you to be quiet, to be able to think more supportive and kind thoughts about yourself.
- An ability to wake up and not feel fearful all day long.
- A sense of confidence and esteem, not the fake kind, but the real unshakeable kind.
- An ability to heal whatever may be in your past so that you can have a good adulthood.
What you’re longing for is possible.
At Evergreen Counseling, we have a staff of seasoned, evidence-based therapists skilled in treating attachment trauma.
How we can help you
By pursuing therapy for attachment trauma, you can imagine the following:
A dysregulated nervous system. You feel locked into fight, flight, and freeze all day long.
A more regulated nervous system. Not every text and relational conflict will feel like a five-alarm fire.
You rely on self-sabotaging behaviors to help numb painful feelings. Developed unhealthly dependency patterns, compulsive behaviors and made choices with negative impacts.
You can face and tolerate your feelings. You can deal with them more skillfully.
Poor boundaries, either being taken advantage of or walling off all relationships to protect yourself.
The ability to discern who and what is a healthy relationship and to show up in healthy, functional and boundaried ways yourself.
Feeling at the mercy of others and circumstances. Feeling trapped in your life.
Experiencing more choice and possibility in your beliefs about yourself, others, and the world, and increased capacities to act in alignment with these beliefs.
What if I’m Not Ready?
If you don’t feel quite ready to book a complimentary consult call yet, that’s completely fine.
We don’t want you to feel pressured and we know that the choice to seek out therapy can feel difficult.
Part of you wants to do it, and another part of you is, perhaps, scared to begin because of the feelings you might have to finally feel.
Or a part of you questions whether or not you can even be helped at all.
Whatever the reason, no matter how ready or not ready you feel to begin therapy, we want you to have the information you need to make an informed choice.
So, to that end, please explore the additional information below to learn more about us and how we can help you.
We’ll be here whenever you’re ready to reach out for support.