Right now, as a result of your developmental trauma background, you may be experiencing…
- Attachment challenges.
- Self-harming tendencies.
- Few or no memories, feeling like your childhood is a fog or a big blank.
- Strong, overwhelming somatic and emotional responses with no clear, obvious triggers.
- A strong sense of despair and hopelessness.
You’re realizing that your unresolved developmental trauma is getting in the way of your life…
- Your emotions feel stormy almost all day every day.
- You have a hard time staying present with your life.
- You have a hard time visualizing a future for yourself, let alone a positive future.
- You hate yourself and live with extremely critical negative inner voices.
- You want healthy relationships, but don’t know how to achieve them.
- How can my childhood still be impacting me?
- Shouldn’t I be over this by now?
- Is there any hope for me if 20, 30, or 40 years have passed? Is it too late to resolve my developmental trauma?
- Can someone as “broken” as I feel actually have a happy and good life?
- Does developmental trauma recovery therapy actually work?
You’re longing for…
- Some sense of being “normal” despite how adverse your childhood experiences were.
- A chance to get your life actually going and to move past feeling stuck and powerless.
- A better sense of self and maybe even to actually really like yourself.
- More choices and options, to deal with your emotions and the painful relationships in your life.
- To find a pathway forward towards healing.
What you’re longing for is possible.
At Evergreen Counseling, we have a staff of seasoned, evidence-based therapists skilled in treating developmental trauma.
How we can help you
By pursuing therapy for developmental trauma, you can imagine the following:
Your childhood feels like a scary big blank that you don’t want to touch.
You can turn towards and acknowledge the past without it overwhelming you.
You self-sabotage and act out in destructive ways to manage the big feelings inside of you.
You can face and tolerate your feelings. You can deal with them more skillfully.
Your life seems filled with unhealthy, painful relationships and better ones don’t seem possible.
Your life is filled with more healthy, stable relationships and you yourself are able to show up in more healthy, functional ways.
You feel numb, apathetic, and hopeless about a positive future for yourself.
You have a sense of hope, and a plan and pathway forward.
What if I’m Not Ready?
If you don’t feel quite ready to book a complimentary consult call yet, that’s completely fine.
We don’t want you to feel pressured and we know that the choice to seek out therapy can feel difficult.
Part of you wants to do it, and another part of you is, perhaps, scared to begin because of the feelings you might have to finally feel.
Or a part of you questions whether or not you can even be helped at all.
Whatever the reason, no matter how ready or not ready you feel to begin therapy, we want you to have the information you need to make an informed choice.
So, to that end, please explore the additional information below to learn more about us and how we can help you.
We’ll be here whenever you’re ready to reach out for support.