We at Evergreen Counseling A Marriage And Family Therapy Corporation (doing business as Evergreen Counseling) (“Company”, “we”, “us”) respect your privacy and want you to understand how we collect, use, and share data about you – our visitors, users and customers.
By using the Platforms, you agree to the terms of this Policy, our Terms of Service (located here https://evergreencoun.wpengine.com/privacy-policy/) or any other agreement that governs your use of our Platforms (collectively, “Agreements”). You should not use our Platforms if you do not agree with the terms and conditions contained in these Agreements.
1. Email Confidentiality Notice
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is or the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.
2. The Information We Collect
a. Information You Provide Us
We collect the information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, communicate with us on the Platforms or via third-party social media sites, or order our products or services. The type of information we may collect includes your:
- email address
- zip code
- billing address
- shipping address
- phone number
- payment card information
- products ordered
- purchase date
- demographic information
- any other information you choose to provide
b. Automatically Collected Information through Tracking Technologies
- type of browser you use
- type of computer you use
- access times
- pages viewed
- time spent on pages
- links clicked
- your IP address
- technical information about your means of connection to this website such as the operating systems and the Internet service providers utilized
- search terms you use on this website
- the referring link through which you accessed the Site
- conversion information
3. What We Use Your Information For
We use collected information in a variety of ways, including:
- analyze website performance
- track user patterns
- provide the products and services you request;
- process transactions and send you related information (i.e., confirmations and receipts);
- respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, and promotions, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- better tailor our Platforms to your interests and needs;
- carry out profiling activities in order to learn more about you; and
- offer you tailored advertising based on your behavior on our Platforms.
4. Who We Share Your Information With
- Publicly Shared Information
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to share in a public (not PRIVATE) area of our Platforms will be available to anyone who has access to that content. Examples of public content you leave: posting a comment to a blog post or leaving a review for us online. Examples of private information include any and all protected health information you share in your intake paperwork or in therapy sessions. That content is not shared.
- To Company Employees and Contractors
- We may share your personal information within the Company with our employees in order to deliver our services and products to you.
- Third-Party Service Providers
- We use HIPAA BAA-compliant third-party service providers to collect and process personal information from or about you on our behalf. Examples include hosting customer accounts, processing credit card payments, and collecting customer research or satisfaction surveys. They have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and all have signed HIPAA BAA’s (Business Associate Agreements that safeguard protected health information).
- Online Advertising Services
- We use third-party advertising services to deliver advertising about our products and services on our Platforms, as well as on other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on information we have collected (as outlined above) and information these advertising providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services and may be tailored to your interests.
- Analytic Services
- We use third-party browsers and mobile analytics services, like Google Analytics, on the Platforms. These services use tools to help us analyze your use of the Platforms, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the Platforms, usage and performance data, and purchasing behavior. We use this data to improve the Platforms and provide information, products, and services that may be of interest to you.
- Law Enforcement, Legal Process, and Compliance
- We may disclose personal information about you (1) if we are required or permitted to do so by applicable law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (2) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials to comply with a legitimate legal request, (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (4) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent.
- Change of Ownership
- We reserve the right to transfer to relevant third parties any information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business combination. In such a case, we will require the relevant third parties to provide comparable levels of protection as we provide with respect to the information we share.
5. Keeping Your Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
The transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Platforms or over email; any transmission is at your own risk.
6. Your Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you may have a number of important rights free of charge. Please note that for each of the rights below we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request. In such instances, we will let you know if that is the case. In summary, your rights include:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information;
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address;
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information that we hold;
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- Receive the personal information concerning you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information;
- Otherwise, restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email, call, or write to us (see “How to Contact Us” below);
- Provide us enough information to identify you (e.g., account number, user name, registration details);
- Provide us proof of your identity and address; and
- Provide us sufficient information to which your request relates (e.g., any account or reference numbers).
Email Communications: If you would like to unsubscribe from any email marketing communications we send you, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message.
Cookies and “Do Not Track” Signals: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies used in connection with the Platforms. Further information about deleting and blocking cookies can be found at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Many web browsers support Do Not Track technology. To learn more about Do Not Track, visit: http://www.allaboutdnt.org/
- Information from Third Parties: To manage the information we receive about you from a social media site or other third parties, you will need to follow the instructions from that party for updating your information and changing your privacy settings, where available. The information we collect is covered by this Policy and the information the third-party collects is subject to such third party’s privacy practices. Privacy choices you have made on any third-party site will not apply to our use of the information we have collected directly through our Platforms.
7. Third-Party Sites
The Platforms may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Platforms. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Platforms. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
8. Data Transfers
In order for us to provide the products and services to you, your personal information will be stored and processed in the United States. Where data is shared with third-party data processors, your data will be captured, transferred, stored, and processed in accordance with their policies, and practices and in compliance with their local regulatory laws.
9. Data Retention
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We purge non-customer email subscribers who have not engaged with the Company’s email marketing communications after (180+) days. If you wish to have your information deleted, please contact us (see “How to Contact Us” below).
10. Our Policy Concerning Minors
Minors should not use the Platforms. If we learn that we’ve collected personal data from a minor, we will take reasonable steps to delete it. Parents who believe that the Company may have collected personal information from a minor can submit a request that it be removed by contacting us (see “How to Contact Us” below).
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
This website and any products and services offered herein are not intended for persons under the age of 18. Evergreen Counseling does not knowingly collect information from anyone under 18 years of age. Evergreen Counseling prohibits children under the age of 18 from using all interactive portions of this website, including leaving any comments, filling out forms, or otherwise submitting information. Evergreen Counseling will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If Evergreen Counseling learns it has any information or content from anyone under the age of 18, it will delete that information.
11. Notice To California Residents
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request certain details about what personal information we share with third parties for those third parties direct marketing purposes. To submit your request, please contact us (see “How to Contact Us” below) with the phrase “California Shine the Light” and include your mailing address, state of residence, and email address.
12. Changes And Updates To This Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as sending you an email notification). We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
13. How To Contact Us
Kirsten Mahoney, Practice Manager of Evergreen Counseling A Marriage And Family Therapy Corporation
2140 Shattuck Ave, Suite #804
Berkeley, CA 94704
Updated September 10, 2022