Annie Wright, LMFT
Therapist in Berkeley, CA
Meet Annie: Hello! I’m the founder of Evergreen Counseling and a licensed marriage and family therapist. I received my undergraduate degrees from Brown University and my graduate degree from California Institute of Integral Studies. I’ve been in private practice in since 2013.
My Therapy Specialties in Berkeley
I specialize in working with Millennial and Gen-X women and men dealing with:
complex relational trauma
I also have a particular interest in working with those who identify as and struggle with being un- or under-parented and/or first-generation (whether this is in education, profession, or culturally).
What drew me to this work: Every step of my journey – beginning with my own need to heal from and thrive after very challenging beginnings – has led me to this work. From helping to run an Ivy-league student mentoring program, to serving in the Peace Corps, to living and working at Esalen Institute for nearly four years in my mid-twenties, the archetypal work of counseling – of learning how to help people to navigate challenging situations and feel better in their lives – has been a constant thread throughout my whole life. Becoming a licensed psychotherapist and founding Evergreen Counseling in the community I call home allows me to do what I love the best: help others.
My style: Warm, engaged, direct, relational.
Services I offer: In-person individual, couple, and family therapy as well as online video counseling for residents of California.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist #95719.
- Pre-Clinical Fellow, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists.
- Member, The Psychotherapy Institute, Berkeley.
- Registered Coach, International Coach Federation #009059731I.
- Psychotherapist in private practice, October 2013 – present.
- Brown University, BA in History, BA in Egyptology, 2004.
- California Institute of Integral Studies, Masters in Counseling Psychology, 2012.
- Coaches Training Institute, Certified Professional Co-Active Coach, 2010.
- Church Street Integral Counseling Center, Practicum Training, San Francisco, 2011-2012.
- Advanced Gestalt Process, Esalen, October 2010.
Available For Therapy in Berkeley and via Online Counseling
Annie Wright and Evergreen Counseling serve Berkeley, Oakland, and the surrounding areas such as Albany, El Cerrito, and Richmond.
We’re also near the campus of UC Berkeley and are available for students and faculty.
If you're ready to book an appointment with one of our therapists at Evergreen, simply click here to book your initial consultation session and then we'll get you matched up and booked right away.
If you'd like to get in contact with us to ask other questions, call or text us at 510-255-2756 or simply send us a message through this contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!