Founded by a trauma therapist and EMDR therapist (not a VC-backed company), Evergreen Counseling is the first boutique, trauma-informed therapy center in the country.
At Evergreen, we center our clients, providing exceptional, professional, warm and humanistic care. Each staff member is trauma-informed and possesses advanced training in trauma treatment modalities so that we can serve clients presenting with single incident traumas, or early relational traumas.
At Evergreen, we also center our staff, providing the most comprehensive benefits package of any therapy center in the Bay Area (more on that below), allowing fully licensed clinicians to build schedules that work for them (assuming 25 clients a week are seen), providing ongoing training, consultation, and advanced education opportunities, all the while surrounding the clinical team with exceptionally responsive leadership and administrative support to help you in your role as therapist.
About The Role
We are currently seeking an EMDR-Certified Clinician & Supervisor who is eager to see a caseload of EMDR clients as well as talk therapy clients, supervise associate EMDR clinicians and help them advance towards Certification, and take on a leadership role within the center's clinical team as we grow as a center.
In your clinical role, you will largely work with moderate to high functioning individuals with a broad range of presenting complaints but who are primarily but not exclusively seeking EMDR. You should be willing and able to carry a caseload of 20-25 clients per week (caseload numbers to be negotiated based on EMDR supervision duties) and should be able to sensitively work with individuals who present with a wide range of sexual, gender, and Identity preferences.
In addition to providing high quality clinical care to your caseload, on an ongoing basis you will complete the (relatively minimal but rigorously sound) documentation we require (treatment plans, SOAP notes, charting, discharge notes, etc.), conduct any necessary consult calls with prospective new clients assigned to your caseload, get in touch with lateral providers when and if needed, and you will have the opportunity (but are not required to participate in) monthly peer support groups and/or access Evergreen Counseling’s leadership team at any point for consultation and support.
Additionally, you will provide supervision for associate, EMDR-basic trained clinicians who are advancing towards Certification and working towards their licensure hours. You should be willing and able to consult and provide supervision on more complex cases (such as where developmental trauma, multiple traumas, higher degrees of dissociation, or co-occuring morbidities are at play) and help your associates advance towards licensure and the Certification process. This role includes review of associate clinicians' notes and multiple hours of supervision each week in a triadic form.
This role will, like all roles at the center, embody the values of Evergreen Counseling: professional excellence, warmth, clinical rigor, and this role will join the rest of the team as we strive to create an inclusive environment for all of Evergreen’s clients.
- You have an active, unrestricted LMFT/LCSW/LPCC license or active license in clinical psychology (PhD or PsyD from an accredited university) and are fully licensed to practice in California.
- You are an EMDR-Certified therapist in good standing with EMDRIA.
- You are a California BBS-approved supervisor in good standing for AMFT’s or ACSW’s.
- You have at least 3-5 years as a practicing EMDR clinician.
- You have held supervisory or clinical leadership positions in the past at prior clinical roles and enjoy doing so.
- You’re willing and able to hold 20-25 counseling sessions (again, depending on negotiations with supervision sessions). You will be able to hold these sessions on the schedule of your preference (if fully remote) or depending on our room availability at our center (if your preference is to be in-person or hybrid).
- You have a private, confidential and sound-proofed home office with reliable internet connection for times when you may need to work from home.
- You are compassionate, warm, personable, hard-working, and reliable.
- You’re willing and able to commit to a full-time role at Evergreen Counseling for at least three years.
Evergreen Counseling provides a competitive compensation package that ranges between $100,000 and $150,000 and includes not only fees earned from clinical sessions and administrative time but also the following benefits to support your physical, mental, emotional, and financial wellness, now and in the future:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401K plan with 4% match
- Paid sick time
- Long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 529 savings plan
- Ongoing trainings, workshops, and guest presenters on salient clinical topics
- Enjoyable, diverse, motivated, and rewarding clients
- Monthly peer consult groups led by our Clinical Director, EMDR consultation groups led by one of the country's foremost EMDR experts and one of Dr. Shapiro's original students
- One month of time off/vacation per year
To apply, please email [email protected] with the following:
1. Cover letter
3. Your responses to the following supplemental questions:
- What drew you to apply for this position?
- Why this group practice versus another group practice?
- Why do you want to join a group practice instead of starting your own private practice?
- What do you enjoy the most about being an EMDR clinician?
- Can you give examples of how you supported EMDR-basic trained (licensed or associate) clinicians with more complex cases such as: developmental trauma, higher levels of dissociation or a need for more extended preparatory phase work)?
- If you’re an EMDR Consultant or an EMDR Consultant-in-Training how, long have you been a Consultant or CIT and where are you with regards to receiving your full consultancy? Do you currently have a consultant and/or if you don’t, are you interested in having one assigned and paid for as part of your clinical duties with Evergreen Counseling?
- How would you describe your supervision style? Can you give examples that demonstrate your ability to work with associated when more complex cases such as when developmental trauma, higher levels of dissociation, or other co-occuring morbidities are at play?
- What do you most enjoy about being a clinical supervisor and supervising the work of associate clinicians? Have you met the current qualifications to serve as a supervisor?
- Have you held other positions of leadership and responsibility in your former roles? If so, what were they and give examples of what you enjoyed and didn’t enjoy about them?
- The population groups we see are children (ages 3-12) for EMDR and talk therapy, adolescents (13-19) for EMDR or talk therapy, adults (20+) for EMDR or talk therapy, couples, or families. Are you able to see and supervise people seeing all these populations?
- Are you interested in a fully remote, an in-person, or a hybrid (meaning in-person and remote) position with us? For any of your choices, what would your preferred schedule (days and times) be?
- Are you able and willing to commit to working at Evergreen Counseling for at least two years?
What are your long-term career goals? Where do you see yourself in four-five years?
- If hired, when are you able to begin this position full-time or even on a partial basis (eg: starting at Evergreen and working some hours and building up while you leave your current position)?
- Is there anything else you would like our hiring team to know about you that doesn’t stand out on your resume that makes you a wonderful candidate for this position?