Established by a trauma therapist (as opposed to being VC-backed), Evergreen Counseling stands out as the inaugural boutique, trauma-informed therapy center in the region.
Our commitment at Evergreen revolves around centering our clients, delivering unparalleled, professional, warm, and humanistic care. Each team member is well-versed in trauma-informed practices, equipped with advanced training in trauma treatment modalities, allowing us to cater to clients dealing with single incident traumas or early relational traumas (often referred to as developmental trauma).
Additionally, at Evergreen, we prioritize our staff, offering the most comprehensive benefits package among therapy centers in the Bay Area (details below). We maintain a manageable 25-client caseload requirement, providing continuous training, consultation, and opportunities for advanced education. Throughout, our clinical team benefits from highly responsive leadership and administrative support, creating an environment conducive to success in your role as a therapist.
About The Role
We are currently in search of a clinician with EMDR-basic training, enthusiastic about practicing and expanding their EMDR skills (with potential growth into EMDRIA-Certified status) while managing a full caseload of 25 EMDR clients weekly.
This role, like all positions at the center, will embody the core values of Evergreen Counseling: professional excellence, warmth, and clinical rigor. Joining our team, this role actively contributes to our collective effort to establish an inclusive environment for all clients at Evergreen.
In addition to delivering high-quality clinical care to your caseload, your responsibilities will include ongoing completion of the required documentation (including treatment plans, SOAP notes, charting, discharge notes, etc.). Additionally, you'll conduct any necessary consult calls with prospective new clients assigned to your caseload, reach out to lateral providers when and if needed, and have the opportunity (though not mandatory) to participate in monthly peer support groups and/or access Evergreen Counseling’s clinical leadership team at any point for consultation and support.
At Evergreen Counseling, we are dedicated to ensuring our clinicians have the time and support needed to care for themselves and develop their skills while serving our clients.
- Possess an active, unrestricted LMFT/LCSW/LPCC license or an active license in clinical psychology (PhD or PsyD from an accredited university) and are fully licensed (please note that we are not accepting Associate applicants at this time) to practice in California (note: you do not need to live in California to be eligible for this role; you simply have to have an active CA license).
- EMDR basic trained with the subsequent 10 sessions completed (or higher levels of training – e.g., Certified, CIT, or Consultants welcome).
- Willing and able to hold 25 client sessions weekly across the following days and times:
– Tuesday 8am-4pm
– Wednesday 8am-4pm
– Thursday 8am-4pm
– Friday 8am-12pm
(Note: hours and days somewhat flexible depending on room use at the center, conversations about ideal and preferred scheduling are welcome if this doesn’t suit you).
- Should the need to conduct sessions at home ever arise, you have a private, confidential, and sound-proofed home office with a reliable internet connection.
- Possess the clinical training and experience that equips you to work effectively with clientele experiencing attachment trauma/developmental trauma, including higher levels of dissociation.
- Demonstrate qualities of compassion, warmth, personability, hard work, and reliability.
- Willing and able to commit to a full-time role at Evergreen Counseling for at least 2 years.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents
- 401K plan with 4% match
- Paid sick time
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 529 savings plan
- Ongoing trainings, workshops, and guest presenters on salient clinical topics
- Enjoyable, diverse, motivated, and rewarding clients
- Monthly peer consult groups led by our Clinical Director
- Bi-weekly EMDR consultation groups led by our center’s owner (an EMDR Consultant in Training)
- One month of time off/vacation per year
To apply, please email [email protected] with the following:
1. Cover letter
3. Your responses to the following supplemental questions:
- What led you to apply for this position? Why choose this group practice over another?
- Why do you prefer joining a group practice rather than starting your own private practice?
- Are you willing and able to conduct in-person client sessions in an office setting adapted for health and safety?
- If necessary, do you have a private, confidential, quiet, and professional-looking home office for client sessions (free of mess or distractions)?
- Can you commit to working at Evergreen Counseling for at least two years?
- Are you EMDR basic trained with all 10 sessions completed for marketing as an EMDR clinician? Do you have higher levels of EMDR training and experience with attachment trauma, dissociative disorders/dissociation, and more complex EMDR cases?
- Willingness and ability to participate in our in-house EMDR consultation groups every two weeks to further develop your clinical skills?
- What are your long-term career goals, and where do you see yourself in three years?
- If hired, when can you start this position full-time or on a partial basis (e.g., starting at Evergreen, working some hours, and gradually transitioning from your current position)?
- Is there anything else you’d like our hiring team to know about you that doesn’t stand out on your resume but makes you a wonderful candidate for this position?