Founded by a trauma therapist and EMDR-Certified therapist (not a VC-backed company), Evergreen Counseling is the first boutique trauma-informed therapy center in the country.
We center our clients at Evergreen, providing exceptional, professional, warm, and humanistic care. Each staff member is trauma-informed and possesses advanced training in trauma treatment modalities to serve clients presenting with single-incident traumas or early relational traumas.
At Evergreen, we also center our staff, providing the most comprehensive benefits package of any therapy center in the Bay Area (more on that below), allowing fully licensed clinicians to build schedules that work for them (assuming 25 clients a week are seen), providing ongoing training, consultation, and advanced education opportunities, all the while surrounding the clinical team with exceptionally responsive leadership and administrative support to help you in your role as a therapist.
About The Role
We are currently seeking an EMDR Basic Trained or Certified therapist who is eager to see a caseload of EMDR clients and talk therapy clients at our center.
In your clinical role, you will largely work with moderate to high-functioning individuals with a broad range of presenting complaints who are primarily but not exclusively seeking EMDR. You should be willing and able to carry a caseload of 25 clients per week. You should be able to work sensitively with individuals who present with a wide range of sexual, gender, and identity preferences.
In addition to providing high-quality clinical care to your caseload on an ongoing basis, you will complete the (relatively minimal but rigorously sound) documentation we require (treatment plans, SOAP notes, charting, discharge notes, etc.), conduct any necessary consult calls with prospective new clients assigned to your caseload, get in touch with lateral providers when and if needed, and you will have the opportunity (but are not required to participate in) monthly peer support groups, bi-monthly EMDR consultation groups (note: if you are Basic Trained, these groups can help count towards your Certification journey), and/or access Evergreen Counseling’s leadership team at any point for consultation and support.
Like all roles at the center, this role will embody the values of Evergreen Counseling: professional excellence, warmth, and clinical rigor, and this role will join the rest of the team as we strive to create an inclusive environment for all of Evergreen’s clients.
- You have an active, unrestricted LMFT/LCSW/LPCC license or active license in clinical psychology (Ph.D. or PsyD from an accredited university) and are fully licensed to practice in California.
- You are EMDR Basic Trained through an EMDRIA-accredited training program and/or EMDR Certified through EMDRIA.
- You have at least two-five years of post-grad school clinical experience and at least 1-2 years as a practicing EMDR clinician
- You’re willing and able to hold 25 counseling sessions. You can hold these sessions on the schedule of your preference (if fully remote) or depending on our room availability at our center (if your preference is in-person or hybrid).
- You have a private, confidential, and sound-proofed home office with a reliable internet connection when working from home.
- You are compassionate, warm, personable, hard-working, and reliable.
- You’re willing and able to commit to a full-time role at Evergreen Counseling for at least three years.
Evergreen Counseling provides a competitive compensation package that ranges between $100,000 and $150,000 and includes not only fees earned from clinical sessions and administrative time but also the following benefits to support your physical, mental, emotional, and financial wellness, now and in the future:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
- 401K plan with a 4% match.
- Paid sick time.
- Long-term disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- 529 savings plan.
- Ongoing training, workshops, and guest presenters on salient clinical topics.
- Enjoyable, diverse, motivated, and rewarding clients.
- Monthly peer consult groups led by our Clinical Director and EMDR consultation groups led by one of the country's foremost EMDR experts and one of Dr. Shapiro's original students.
- One month of (unpaid) time off per year.
To apply, please email [email protected] with the following:
1. Cover letter
3. Your responses to the following supplemental questions:
What drew you to apply for this position?
- Why this group practice versus another group practice?
- Why do you want to join a group practice instead of starting your own private practice?
- What do you enjoy the most about being an EMDR clinician?
- When did you complete your basic training, and with what organization? Are they EMDRIA-accredited?
- When (if applicable) did you complete your Certification status?
- Can you give examples that demonstrate your ability to use EMDR to work with more complex cases, such as when developmental trauma, higher levels of dissociation, or other co-occurring morbidities are at play?
- Have you held other positions of leadership and responsibility in your former roles? If so, what were they, and give examples of what you enjoyed and didn’t enjoy about them?
- The population groups we see are children (ages 3-12) for EMDR and talk therapy, adolescents (13-19) for EMDR or talk therapy, adults (20+) for EMDR or talk therapy, and couples, or families. Are you able to see all these populations?
- Do you have any experience working with first responders and/or military personnel?
- Are you interested in a fully remote, in-person, or hybrid (meaning in-person and remote) position with us? What would your preferred schedule (days and times) be for any of your choices?
- Are you able and willing to commit to working at Evergreen Counseling for at least two years?
- What are your long-term career goals? Where do you see yourself in four-five years?
- If hired, when can you begin this position full-time or partially (e.g., starting at Evergreen, working some hours, and building up while you leave your current position)?
- Is there anything else you would like our hiring team to know about you that doesn’t stand out on your resume that makes you a wonderful candidate for this position?